Industry 4.0 puts forward new requirements for production and management methods. Enterprises of the industrial machinery and equipment industry face the following challenges:
- Unstable demand and ever-increasing number of requests for unique features and personalization of manufactured products
- High complexity of supply chains
- Reduced lead times
- Increased requirements for after-sales services
The Industrial Machinery & Equipment industry solution helps manufacturers transform their business processes by streamlining them and making them more flexible and allows:
- Reduce the development and manufacturing lead time of customized products
- Optimally manage product configurations
- More accurately plan and promise to customers realistic lead times
- Reduce stock and order fulfillment costs
- Improve responsiveness to changes
The solution is based on in-depth industry experience, it incorporates global best practices of production management and provides an opportunity to solve specific issues of various sub-industries, including:
- Heavy machinery
- Industrial equipment manufacturing
- Industrial machinery
- Transport Engineering
- Production of special-purpose machinery
Functional advantages of Infor Industrial Machinery & Equipment:
- Production management and planning with the possibility of combining different strategies: Engineer-to-Order, Manufacture-to-Order, Modification-to-Order, Assembly-to-Order, Manufacture-to-Stock
- Efficient demand and supply planning through complex supply chain visibility and multiple restocking methods
- Efficient operational production planning and dispatching
- More accurate data-driven demand forecasting capabilities
- Planning and management of long-cycle stocks
- Operational production management with online tracking of execution and order support
- Full operational transparency with the online deviation notification system
- Capability to track configuration at the final assembly of the product
- Product Specification Management Capability to maintain an end-to-end unique structure of specifications from design and planning to production and service
- Capability to automatically create a specification using the configurator when accepting and discussing an order
- Automated configuration, pricing, and quoting capabilities
- Management of critical equipment utilization and throughput capacity of equipment and work centers
- Financial analytics with the ability to collect production and assembly costs
- Cost management in the context of orders, determining the actual profitability of the contract
- Quality management and labor safety compliance
- Built-in CRM and order management
- Multisite, multi-logistics inventory planning
In the production of unique products, Infor Industrial Machinery & Equipment solution supports:
- Configuration and change management in product design, process specification of manufactured products
- Product lifecycle management based on modern PLM tool
- Function of the project pre-sale cost and timing assessment
- Project management
- Сonvenient visualization of WBS, scheduling, cost calculation, and the possibility of detailed project mapping
The solution allows you to build a reliable and visually convenient reporting system on the basis of integrated data from different sources.
Infor Industrial Machinery & Equipment helps to increase the profitability of service maintenance of sold products due to the built-in MRO management functionality and warranty service capabilities throughout the entire life cycle of the product.
Infor Industrial Machinery & Equipment is available for both deployment and maintenance in the AWS® cloud, as well as for on-premises implementation.
Cloud-based, industrial machinery and equipment manufacturing software solution enables Industry 4.0 capabilities:
- Last mile, industry-specific functionality
- Scalable and secure cloud with extensibility for personalisation instead of customisation
- Multi-tenant deployment in the AWS® cloud
- IoT, AI, machine learning, and predictive analytics
- Social collaboration, role-based homepages, and industry-specific KPIs
World leaders in the production of machinery and equipment choose the industry solution based on Infor LN:
KINGSPAN WATER AND ENERGY UK
The company’s services cover two areas: water management solutions and energy management solutions. As part of an aggressive strategy to drive growth, Kingspan has successfully deployed Infor LN to help improve customer service, reduce inventory and accelerate the integration of new acquisitions.
One of the world leaders in the design, manufacturing and distribution of pumps and pumping stations for domestic and industrial use in such segments as water supply, heating, air conditioning, firefighting, irrigation, and sanitation. The group of companies uses the latest version of Infor LN as a platform for its digital business model and further transformation of the work of enterprises.
An international provider of industrial services and engineered products for the steel, railway, and energy industries. The company deployed Infor CloudSuite Industrial Enterprise to support its production needs and to increase in maintenance and service offerings for customers worldwide.
The Italian manufacturer of valves for the oil & gas, power, shipbuilding, and aerospace sectors, will implement Infor CloudSuite Industrial Enterprise as its core technology platform.